About The Position
ReFUEL4’s global army of designers battle ad fatigue by refuelling digital ads with fresh creative, so campaigns never go stale. Our AI helps advertisers know which creatives to use, and when to replace them... That's why we won Facebook's prestigious Marketing Partner 2016 Innovation Award.
Now, we are scouring the globe for world-class Back End Engineers to help us expand our offering and more deeply integrate our AI solutions. Together, we will usher in a new era of real-time and scalable infrastructure and Machine Learning for profitable marketplace.
Your skills and dedication will help us design, build and scale a broad range of services to drive value for advertisers and designers in 109 countries.
This role is based in our Singapore headquarters - an office that takes pride in global diversity - you will join 35 teammates from 15 different countries. Relocation assistance is available for the right people.
Together we will develop open-source and cloud-based technologies - REST APIs, Service Oriented Architectures, Microservices implementations, real time data pipelines, message queues into websocket and push notifications, etc.
You will own back-end implementations in one or more of our product areas - which include designer experience, advertiser experience, admin experience and growth.
Since the demands on our system are extensive and our scale continues to grow rapidly, you will have the opportunity to gain experience with a wide variety of design-patterns and tools - AWS, Docker, Message broker, Spark, Redis, NoSQL and Websocket, etc. Plus a reasonable knowledge of shell scripting and automation tools.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
- You will work directly with engineers and product managers on a daily and weekly basis (agile) to develop and execute product development plans, including contributing to timelines, decisions on technologies to be used, what features can fit in this version and what features will have to wait in backlog.
- You will be a dedicated owner on the products you develop, and communicate frequently with fellow team members to understand their needs and help deliver optimal solutions.
- You will work extremely closely with the data science/AI team to commercialize the products of their research. You will also communicate with marketing and customer success teams to ensure successful product launches, iteration and growth.
is a good fit for you if:
You have 3-5 years experience working in web-technology engineering.
- You are completely passionate about backend and DevOps technology.
- You know multiple programming languages and frameworks and are comfortable picking up new ones quickly
- You understand agile and lean principles - perhaps you were a scrum-master in the past.
- You are a proponent of test driven development and well-documented code
- You have a powerful command of data-structures, algorithms, design patterns and 3rd party APIs
- You are a well organized strong communicator
Extra bonus points if:
- You have some experience with advertising
- You preferably have a BS in computer science - however, we also consider expert self-taught engineers.