About The Position
ReFUEL4 is looking for a Backend Architect to usher in a new era of backend & API architecture across our platform, to support the full range and scale of services offered by ReFUEL4. Candidates should have a broad range of experience building technology suitable for scale across many different use cases.
This role is based in our Singapore headquarters - relocation assistance is available for the right candidates.
A focus on Service Oriented Architecture, API design and SOA/microservices implementations as well as client-server application architecture, MVC frameworks and a variety of technologies. Additionally, experience with a wide variety of tools is expected - AWS, Docker, Message broker, Spark, Redis, NoSQL, REST & Websocket, etc. Plus a reasonable knowledge of shell scripting and automation tools.
Ideal candidates are full-stack technologists with a strong understanding of backend software development, as well as engineering philosophies like test-driven development, system design principles like SOLID, design pattern. The ability to work closely with product managers and mentor other engineers is also, of course, vital. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Work directly with engineers and product managers on a daily and weekly basis (agile) to develop and execute product development plans, including contributing to timelines, decisions on technologies to be used, what features can fit in this version and what features will have to wait in backlog.
Build robust, distributed backend services with good scalability and performance for our product. Implement new product experiences for advertisers, designers, or our own sales, support and operational staff.
• Architect and code-review full-stack features including new APIs, architectures and batch processes.
• Communicate frequently and proactively with clients and team members to understand their needs and help develop optimal products and engineering solutions.
• Work closely with the data science, marketing and customer success teams to ensure successful product launches, iteration and growth.
You are perfect for the job if:
• You have minimum 7 years of design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications - have a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience as a technical lead or system architect.
• You have extensive experience in designing, developing and deploying large, scalable production applications on cloud/PaaS platforms and Containers, such as AWS, Azure or GCP
• You are able to independently analyze and identify comprehensive solutions considering all functional implications while developing a workable solution.
• You have outstanding engineering skills and a data-driven mindset
• You know multiple programming languages and frameworks and are comfortable picking up new ones quickly
• You understand agile and lean principles
• You have a powerful command of data-structures, algorithms and 3rd party APIs
• You have some experience with advertising
• You preferably have a BS in computer science - but we also consider experienced but self-taught engineers
• You are a well organized and have strong communication skills